Psoriasis is a kind of skin disorder, one who get affected by this feels irritation in skin. It is a kind of skin cell that gets multiplied up to 10 times faster as compared to normal skin. In this the underlying cells reach at the surface of the skin and then dies. Its sheer volume gets raised and due to this you can feel are plaques covered with white scales.
Where Psoriasis occurs?
Psoriasis mainly occurs on elbow, knees, scalp and sometimes it might also affect palms, torso an feet soles.
What are the symptoms of Psoriasis?
Basically the symptom depends upon the type of problem you have but in all most common are:
- Disorders of toenails and fingernails
- Plaques in red skin
- Crust on scalp or plaques of scales
- psoriatic arthritis
Some other forms of psoriasis are:
- Guttate psoriasis
- Pustular psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
- Inverse psoriasis
How to Diagnose Psoriasis?
- Simple physical examination done by Doctor
- Biopsy can also be prescribed by the Doctor when symptoms are not clear, in this small sample of skin is taken for examination.
How to treat Psoriasis?
The treatment is helpful in reducing the inflammation, removes plaque and slows the growth of skin cell. There are 3 ways of treating Psoriasis:
- Topical treatments – in this ointment and cream are directly applied on the affected skin.
- Systemic medications – in this oral medicine or injection are applied for short period of time.
- Light therapy – in this ultraviolet rays or natural light are used for the treatment of psoriasis. UVB and UVA are helpful in reducing psoriasis symptoms from mild to moderate.